Tyndale Theological Learning Center
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16-17(NIV)
Tyndale Class - Survey of Church History
To move through the corridors of history in order to see the development of the Church from the time of Christ and the apostles up to the present.
.1. To provide the student with a general survey of the significant individuals and groups which have shaped the direction of church history.
2. To direct the student in an examination of the major historical, social, and political events relative to significant movements in church history.
3. To provide the student with an understanding of significant Christian doctrines in church history and their relationship to their immediate cultural context as well as their present-day application.
4. Undergraduate students will demonstrate an ability to give thoughtful consideration to current and historical issues in the light of the church’s Scriptures and traditions.
5. Students will demonstrate growth in the ability to think critically about the
historical, doctrinal, biblical, and practical aspects of the Christian faith, including appreciation, understanding, and valuing the Church.
6. Students will grow into a greater awareness of the personal and social relevance and spiritual richness that informed; disciplined theological reflection can bring to their Christian existence and their own impact upon the world in which they live.
This Tyndale class are scheduled to provide 13 hours of intensive teaching compressed into 3 days. Thursday and Friday classes run from 6-9 P.M. Saturday session runs from 8:30 A.M. - 3 P.M. with a break for lunch. Registered students pay only $42 per course plus the cost of required textbook(s). Those who wish to audit the class do so for free, however, we do ask for $10 for lunch. The purchase of the textbook(s) for those auditing the course is optional.
Tyndale Seminary & Biblical Institute website www.tyndale.edu
Learning Center information: firstname.lastname@example.org